The entrance to Bellingham Castle is via a beautiful stone tower and gate lodge, built by Sir Henry Bellingham in 1880, and a long avenue flanked by tall broadleafs.
The Castle sits just above the River Glyde and steps lead to the water’s edge and to a beautiful weir with footbridges and walkways. A millrace diverted from the river forms a long wooded island with a splendid weeping willow hanging over the weir. Sweeping lawns wrap around the castle and have been landscaped with herbaceous borders, cherry blossom trees and stud railing.
The wonderful ivy clad castle provides superb accommodation and banqueting facilities, and has enjoyed a distinguished reputation as a popular venue for weddings and events.